Monday, February 10, 2014

Snow, beautiful snow...

For the second time this winter we had snow in Corvallis. Last Thursday and Friday about a foot of snow was dumped from the sky on our heads. The initial reaction as usual is one of excitement because snow is very beautiful and puts an almost ethereal glow on everything. However, after a couple of days it becomes troublesome and dangerous as the ice sets in, making it difficult to move around. So the best time to head out to get some shots are those first couple of days and that's just what we did. It was also a perfect excuse to really give my Nexus 5 a run out to see just what it can do with a little help from the brilliant Snapseed. 




So far I've been really impressed by the Nexus 5, it is a great device and the camera is pretty good in daylight conditions. I love my DSLR but I have to admit, being able to easily carry my Nexus around with me and edit and share on the go is a really fantastic experience, I can't wait to see what future generations of phones bring us. And as I've covered before, Snapseed is just an incredible App that really brings your photographs to life and can give them a real fantasy almost game like feel. For example, around our house had a very Guild Wars feel to it with all the snow, it felt like the Norn areas in the game when we stood on the porch at night and looked out at the trees and Snapseed I think helped to capture this effect.


Now we wait for the inevitable thaw and the ice and slush that comes along with it. That will still never take away from the beauty of the initial snow fall for me. I'd happily take the snow over boring months of drizzle any year.



No comments:

Post a Comment